To delete a phrase or phrase file:
- Open the main program window.
- Select the item(s) in the left tree view.
- Press the DELETE- key or click the recycle bin in the main menu (this is not the icon in the phrase tree).
Deleted phrases are moved to the recycle bin. Each phrase file/database has its own recycle bin, residing at the bottom of each phrase file node in the tree view.
To restore individual items from the recycle bin, drag & drop them from the recycle bin into the desired target folder or highlight items and select "" in the main menu. The selected items will be placed back into their previous folder location. Original folders will be automatically recreated if missing.
To empty the recycle bin, select the recycle bin in the phrase tree view and select "" in the main menu.
To delete items without using the recycle bin, press the SHIFT-key while clicking the main menu recycle bin button.
- Phrase file versions created by the backup feature may still contain earlier recycle bin contents! To securely delete such contents, also delete any such backup.
- Deleting phrases also delete any phrase links. Those will not be covered if restoring the phrase from the recycle bin. To restore phrase link, restore from a backup (if using a local phrase file).
- Unloading a local phrase file does not remove it from the hard disk and can be loaded again.
Items cannot be deleted in following situations:
- You do not have edit permissions (or any subfolder of that folder).
- Another user is editing the element.
- The phrase file is write-protected.
The backup restore feature allows you to undo accidental deletions.