Let's save a first phrase in PhraseExpress:
- In any program, highlight any frequently used text.
- Click the PhraseExpress task bar icon and select " …" (or press hotkey CTRL+ALT+C).
- PhraseExpress captures the highlighted text and prompts to enter additional information:
Enter a meaningful description for your new phrase and skip the other options for now. We will cover those later.
- Press OK to save the phrase in PhraseExpress.
Done. You will never have to type that phrase again!
- Place the cursor anywhere you wish to insert the new phrase.
- Press ALT-SPACE - This is the one hotkey you might want to memorize as it opens the phrase menu.
- Type a few letters of any part of the phrase description.
- If the phrase menu narrowed down sufficiently, select the desired phrase with the UP and DOWN keys and press the confirmation key TAB or ENTER to insert the phrase.
Now, you probably want to grab a tea/coffee and grieve the rest of the day over how you could have lived without it.
What to do next?
We almost don't dare to tell, that this is just the beginning. We have not even touched the surface of what PhraseExpress can do for you.
Here are some suggestions what to do next right after installation:
- Continue to save phrase in PhraseExpress.
- Import existing text material from other applications.
- Experiment with the pre-loaded sample phrase file or download additional free add-ons from our website.
Too lazy? Then just enable the AutoComplete feature and forget about PhraseExpress for now.
The AutoComplete feature silently listens for repetitive input and will start offering text completions after a short training period.