- Improved rich text formatting accuracy
- Macro Recorder can now trigger PhraseExpress by hotkey simulation.
- Updated phrase editor with many improvements.
- Notification if access-restricted phrases are put into a public recycle bin.
- Hotkeys consisting of one modifier key are now prevented.
- PhraseExpress autotext can now be triggered by Macro Recorder.
- Successive macros without a label were misinterpreted in rare constellations.
- File insert macro function could not insert *.txt files.
- Line Break (entered with keyboard shortcut SHIFT+Enter) and Page Break (CTRL+Enter) can be entered in the phrase content.
- Support for new DeepL API v2.
- Improved file embedding macro if nested in other macros.
- Improved interoperability with Macro Recorder.
- Language issue in the calendar date selection macro.
- When master user creates phrases/folders in other user's private folders, they also become private for the corresponding user.
- Personal phrase folders ignored access rights changes in the parent folder.
- If license key was licensed with SQL Client Manager first and the SQL phrase database was loaded afterwards, then personal phrase folders were not automatically generated.
- Problem with phrase edits by multiple users if phrase are located in the same folder.
- Problem with "Save as" if there is already a file with the same name at the destination.
- Problem with the form macro phrase drop-down selection if the selected phrase contains form elements.
- Problem when inserting a mixture of unformatted and Word-formatted phrases into Word.
- Fixed issue when embedding external files into a phrase.
- File merge issue in very rare situations.
- Optional classic tray icon (Can be configured in PhraseExpress Settings » Display).
- Improved handling when pasting formatted clipboard contents into PhraseExpress.
- Solved rare issue induced by the phrase menu.
- Improved phrase tabs workflow.
- Improved Microsoft Word formattting support.
- Notification on cancellation of phrase insertion.
- Stby wakeup issue resolved.
- Phrase output issues with specific regional settings resolved.
- Fixed unintended creation of new phrase.
- Zoom text display issue in macro input fields solved.
- Option to autostart PhraseExpress with Windows in diagnostic mode.
- Button to remove hotkey associations.
- Preview for phrase selection drop-down in forms.
- Solved issue when you type fast in the phrase menu search box.
- Potentially solved autotext detection issue after PC unlock/wakeup.
- Improved desktop menu search feature
- Scroll-wheel text zoom in macro input dialogs.
- Improved macro input auto-complete.
- Hotkey feature to pause autotext/hotkey detection for 5 seconds.
- Solved issue with built-in spell checker.
- Solved rendering issue of text zoom in phrase contents input box.
- Many minor issues.
- Improved parsing of macros nested in form macros.
- Phrase preview does not alter clipboard anymore.
- Solved incompatibility issue where PhraseExpress would block text input by Macro Recorder.
- Improved conversion of global variables (more info)
First release of major new version 15.
- DeepL text translation feature now supports non-breaking space in formatted phrases.
- SmartComplete option in expert autotext settings.
- Issues with embedded files in rare situations.
- Help links in the software.
- Relative backup storage paths
- Default values in checkbox drop-downs
- If using SQL database, master user could not see all phrases
- Improved cAPSLOCK blocking.
- InternetExplorer proxy server settings are used if no proxy server is configured manually.
- Support of new DeepL API key format.
- Improved compatibility with formatted phrases in phrase files of older versions.
- Improved phrase menu experience
- CapsLock key can now be used as a hotkey
- Warning if file export is incomplete due to access right restrictions.
- Improved phrase selection form macro.
- Tray icon menu option "" when suitable.
- Phrase files can be pasted into the phrase tree with the clipboard.
- Optional bitmap auto-resize feature if large bitmaps are pasted into phrases.
- Cosmetic improvements
- Support for import of the updated TextExpander file format.
- Import/Export of entire phrase levels.
- Form items can be dynamically shown, regardless if they are a mandatory input.
- Import/Export of formatted phrase into the pxi/pxa format.
- Date calculation can now also output negative values.
- Increased tolerance of the keyboard hook against unusual session lock/unlock bursts.
- Increased tolerance for file system defects.
- Issues with global variables solved.
- AutoComplete filter issue solved.
- Enhanced settings for bitmaps within phrases (right-click bitmap).
- Improved support for PNG with transparent background.
- Improved selection menu placement with changed DPI settings.
- Crash problem when using very high DPI settings under Windows 10.
- Bugfix when using RegEx expressions in macro functions.
- Updated documentation URLs.
- Improved font selection in PhraseExpress editor.
- Improved arrow key navigation in phrase menu.
- Fixed rare crash issue on program startup.
- Improved Microsoft Outlook Add-In installation
- RTF formatted phrase import from older PhraseExpress versions
- PhraseExpress can now paste from the tray icon phrase menu, if hidden by Windows
- Macro source code view (experimental!)
- Improved phrase insertion cancellation on ESC.
- Increased max level of nested macros.
- Improved licensing when using a SQL server.
- Compatibility improvements for latest Windows 10 update.
- Improved backwards compatibility with former HTML-formatted phrases.
- Improved behavior if clipboard contains specific Excel related contents
- Improved output of linked phrases.
- #set macro now permanently stores variable contents into phrase file.
- Notification if Microsoft Word is not installed.
- Improved Email syntax check
- Support for Deepl API v2
- Improved translation of formatted phrases.
- Improved behavior if hovering the phrase menu with expanded sub-menus.
- Improved display of comments in phrases.
- Improved macro parser
- Solved issue with CTRL-click
- Improved error handling if macro functions link to non-existing phrases.
- Improved clipboard access right check of clipboard related macro functions.
- Support for super-/sub script and striked-through text.
- Improved processing of linked phrases.
- Empty items in form input drop-downs and form groups are now hidden.
- Global variables now support a selection of non-latin characters if using PhraseExpress with a SQL server.
- Flag "-required" in form input macros is now processed before additional macro processing.
- Improved syntax check for form input controls.
- Improved form group output with embedded macro functions.
- Form item visibility may now contain (basic) macro programming.
- In rare cases, space characters have not been output if directly prepending macro functions.
- Caps sensitive autotext issue fixed.
- Improved display of hints.
- Improved processing of specific nested macro functions.
- Deepl language support for Portuguese and Russian.
- Visibility vs form output processing
- Nested global vars vs phrase preview.
Compatible with PhraseExpress v3 for Mac
Compatible with PhraseExpress v2 for iOS.
Compatible with Macro Recorder v1.
- Form input macros now require an output definition (earlier PhraseExpress versions would fall-back to the label definition).
- Support for advanced Macro Recorder instead Mouse Recorder.
- Mouse control macros have become redundant with Macro Recorder support and are removed.
- Expert mode removed from user interface (expert mode features are still available).
- Support for Firebird SQL Server is deprecated. Please consider using a Microsoft SQL server.
PhraseExpress v13 first release
newLicenses are not tied to a specific computer anymore. Licenses are now associated to a person, identified by the Windows user name. Licensing has not changed if PhraseExpress is used with a PhraseExpress/SQL server.This version requires an update of PhraseExpress for Android/iOS/Mac to the latest version.
PhraseExpress v12 first release
PhraseExpress v11 first release