- New log feature shows the history of synchronized phrases.
- Changed behavior when joining a phrase file sync: PhraseExpress now prompts you to either add a new phrase file node for the shared phrases or to replace the currently loaded phrase file node. No more automatic import of current local phrases. Own phrases can be manually imported if desired.
- SQL database compatibility with uncommon time/datestamp formats.
- E-Mail macro attachment file path now supports Windows environment variables.
This is an important update for NAS/cloud sharing users. User who had v16.1.12-v16.1.14 installed must discontinue sharing and start cloud sharing setup from scratch. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Compatibility with Windows 11 update 22H2.
- Users of PhraseExpress version 16.1.12-16.1.14 who joined a sync team have not received updates created before they joined.
- Macro Recorder v3 compatibility (beta version is upcoming).
- Phrase file export now prompts to export invisible read-access restricted phrases.
- Improved SQL server reconnection after connection loss.
- Saving of phrase contents in non-default level if using SQL server.
- Access restricted phrase folder import.
- Phrase tree drag & drop issues.
- Phrases that have not been processed directly after specific operations (such as duplicate) have not been synchronized.
- Issue with multiple CC: recipients in mail macro if using Outlook OLE automation delivery method.
- Issue with special characters in permissions.
- Customizable form font size
- Improved WYSIWYG form display
- Improved Excel file import
- Minor issue with phrase creating/updating macro function
- AutoComplete created multiple triggers for individual items in rare situations.
- ChatGPT option in OpenAI integration
- Faster rendering performance of large forms.
- SmartComplete autotext option is now also applied for items without autotext settings
- Improved CSV import
- Fixed issue if no access rights are set for the phrase file root.
- Duplicate trigger filter
- *.DocX drag & drop support
- Clipboard Cache & Last Used folder sorting
- Form elements can now be conditional (form input macros are now processed in conditional IF-THEN and #CHECK macros). Learn more…
- Multi User Modus for portable mode (command-line parameter -portablemultiuser)
- MS SQL Server 2012 compatibility (not officially supported, provided as-is).
- Improved phrase import and copy/paste performance.
- Phrase menus now show contents of linked phrase folders.
- Dark/Llight can now be configured independently from system settings.
- Text color "auto" now supports dark mode (may need to re-applied for phrases imported from earlier PhraseExpress versions).
- Macro Recorder macros are now updated after edits.
- Recursive popup issue.
- Messagebox Cancel button behavior.
- Input box appearance in 100% DPI setting
- Macro function to use OpenAI in any program on your computer.
- New option to install without administration privileges for use in restricted environments.
- Faster database conversion from older PhraseExpress versions. Requires update of PhraseExpress SQL Client Manager.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 compatibility (Experimental. Official support for SQL Server 2012 has been discontinued by Microsoft). Requires update of PhraseExpress SQL Client Manager to v16.0.34.
- Phrase menus now also show phrase folder links.
- Fixed input macro display issue.
- Message box macro cancel button
- Phrases are now completely disabled (linked phrases disabled) if triggers are disabled.
- File paths in macro parameter now support Windows environment variables
- Floating menus can be created with drag & drop.
- Hidden SQL settings are now applied to the license database connection as well.
- Access restriction system now supports >1.000 ActiveDirectory workgroups
- Solved issue related to error message "parameter -d not found".
- Unformatted phrases are not inserted as formatted text anymore if containing macros had no name.
- Import correctly inherits parent folder settings.
- Rare issue on PhraseExpress shutdown resolved.
- Editable paragraph background-color
- Conversion of Mac/iOS .pxi files into new .pexdb format.
- Form phrase drop-down and dynamic folder.
- Minor dynamic folder tree issues (copy & paste, drag & drop in the tree).
- Sync user name with non ASCII char issue solved.
First release of major new version 16.
- Improved compatibility with earlier phrase file versions.
- Improved rich text formatting accuracy
- Macro Recorder can now trigger PhraseExpress by hotkey simulation.
- Updated phrase editor with many improvements.
- Notification if access-restricted phrases are put into a public recycle bin.
- Hotkeys consisting of one modifier key are now prevented.
- PhraseExpress autotext can now be triggered by Macro Recorder.
- Successive macros without a label were misinterpreted in rare constellations.
- File insert macro function could not insert *.txt files.
- Line Break (entered with keyboard shortcut SHIFT+Enter) and Page Break (CTRL+Enter) can be entered in the phrase content.
- Support for new DeepL API v2.
- Improved file embedding macro if nested in other macros.
- Improved interoperability with Macro Recorder.
- Language issue in the calendar date selection macro.
- When master user creates phrases/folders in other user's private folders, they also become private for the corresponding user.
- Personal phrase folders ignored access rights changes in the parent folder.
- If license key was licensed with SQL Client Manager first and the SQL phrase database was loaded afterwards, then personal phrase folders were not automatically generated.
- Problem with phrase edits by multiple users if phrase are located in the same folder.
- Problem with "Save as" if there is already a file with the same name at the destination.
- Problem with the form macro phrase drop-down selection if the selected phrase contains form elements.
- Problem when inserting a mixture of unformatted and Word-formatted phrases into Word.
- Fixed issue when embedding external files into a phrase.
- File merge issue in very rare situations.
- Optional classic tray icon (Can be configured in PhraseExpress Settings » Display).
- Improved handling when pasting formatted clipboard contents into PhraseExpress.
- Solved rare issue induced by the phrase menu.
- Improved phrase tabs workflow.
- Improved Microsoft Word formattting support.
- Notification on cancellation of phrase insertion.
- Stby wakeup issue resolved.
- Phrase output issues with specific regional settings resolved.
- Fixed unintended creation of new phrase.
- Zoom text display issue in macro input fields solved.
- Option to autostart PhraseExpress with Windows in diagnostic mode.
- Button to remove hotkey associations.
- Preview for phrase selection drop-down in forms.
- Solved issue when you type fast in the phrase menu search box.
- Potentially solved autotext detection issue after PC unlock/wakeup.
- Improved desktop menu search feature
- Scroll-wheel text zoom in macro input dialogs.
- Improved macro input auto-complete.
- Hotkey feature to pause autotext/hotkey detection for 5 seconds.
- Solved issue with built-in spell checker.
- Solved rendering issue of text zoom in phrase contents input box.
- Many minor issues.
- Improved parsing of macros nested in form macros.
- Phrase preview does not alter clipboard anymore.
- Solved incompatibility issue where PhraseExpress would block text input by Macro Recorder.
- Improved conversion of global variables (more info)
First release of major new version 15.
- DeepL text translation feature now supports non-breaking space in formatted phrases.
- SmartComplete option in expert autotext settings.
- Issues with embedded files in rare situations.
- Help links in the software.
- Relative backup storage paths
- Default values in checkbox drop-downs
- If using SQL database, master user could not see all phrases
- Improved cAPSLOCK blocking.
- InternetExplorer proxy server settings are used if no proxy server is configured manually.
- Support of new DeepL API key format.
- Improved compatibility with formatted phrases in phrase files of older versions.
- Improved phrase menu experience
- CapsLock key can now be used as a hotkey
- Warning if file export is incomplete due to access right restrictions.
- Improved phrase selection form macro.
- Tray icon menu option "" when suitable.
- Phrase files can be pasted into the phrase tree with the clipboard.
- Optional bitmap auto-resize feature if large bitmaps are pasted into phrases.
- Cosmetic improvements
- Support for import of the updated TextExpander file format.
- Import/Export of entire phrase levels.
- Form items can be dynamically shown, regardless if they are a mandatory input.
- Import/Export of formatted phrase into the pxi/pxa format.
- Date calculation can now also output negative values.
- Increased tolerance of the keyboard hook against unusual session lock/unlock bursts.
- Increased tolerance for file system defects.
- Issues with global variables solved.
- AutoComplete filter issue solved.
- Enhanced settings for bitmaps within phrases (right-click bitmap).
- Improved support for PNG with transparent background.
- Improved selection menu placement with changed DPI settings.
- Crash problem when using very high DPI settings under Windows 10.
- Bugfix when using RegEx expressions in macro functions.
- Updated documentation URLs.
- Improved font selection in PhraseExpress editor.
- Improved arrow key navigation in phrase menu.
- Fixed rare crash issue on program startup.
- Improved Microsoft Outlook Add-In installation
- RTF formatted phrase import from older PhraseExpress versions
- PhraseExpress can now paste from the tray icon phrase menu, if hidden by Windows
- Macro source code view (experimental!)
- Improved phrase insertion cancellation on ESC.
- Increased max level of nested macros.
- Improved licensing when using a SQL server.
- Compatibility improvements for latest Windows 10 update.
- Improved backwards compatibility with former HTML-formatted phrases.
- Improved behavior if clipboard contains specific Excel related contents
- Improved output of linked phrases.
- #set macro now permanently stores variable contents into phrase file.
- Notification if Microsoft Word is not installed.
- Improved Email syntax check
- Support for Deepl API v2
- Improved translation of formatted phrases.
- Improved behavior if hovering the phrase menu with expanded sub-menus.
- Improved display of comments in phrases.
- Improved macro parser
- Solved issue with CTRL-click
- Improved error handling if macro functions link to non-existing phrases.
- Improved clipboard access right check of clipboard related macro functions.
- Support for super-/sub script and striked-through text.
- Improved processing of linked phrases.
- Empty items in form input drop-downs and form groups are now hidden.
- Global variables now support a selection of non-latin characters if using PhraseExpress with a SQL server.
- Flag "-required" in form input macros is now processed before additional macro processing.
- Improved syntax check for form input controls.
- Improved form group output with embedded macro functions.
- Form item visibility may now contain (basic) macro programming.
- In rare cases, space characters have not been output if directly prepending macro functions.
- Caps sensitive autotext issue fixed.
- Improved display of hints.
- Improved processing of specific nested macro functions.
- Deepl language support for Portuguese and Russian.
- Visibility vs form output processing
- Nested global vars vs phrase preview.
- First release of major new version.
Compatible with PhraseExpress v3 for Mac
Compatible with PhraseExpress v2 for iOS.
Compatible with Macro Recorder v1.
- Form input macros now require an output definition (earlier PhraseExpress versions would fall-back to the label definition).
- Support for advanced Macro Recorder instead Mouse Recorder.
- Mouse control macros have become redundant with Macro Recorder support and are removed.
- Expert mode removed from user interface (expert mode features are still available).
- Support for Firebird SQL Server is deprecated. Please consider using a Microsoft SQL server.
PhraseExpress v13 first release
[Note for the video: Here used to be text in earlier versions!]
PhraseExpress v12 first release
PhraseExpress v11 first release