Select the desired edition to enjoy powerful extra features! Click the feature items for more info…
We don't want your money first!
Try everything with the free demo and buy it if you like what you see.
Enjoy attractive volume discounts for five or more licenses.
We email your license right after payment. No need to install new software. You can continue with your current installation.
- Licenses are valid life-time and include 12 months free updates, upgrades and major new versions.
- The license is no subscription and there are no recurring fees. It's a single one-time payment.
- Each user requires a separate license. The license is tied to the Windows user name (more info). If using a Mac, the license is tied to the Apple account name.
- If using a SQL server, each user connected to the server requires a separate license (more info).
- If running PhraseExpress from a USB thumb drive, each USB thumb drive requires a separate license.
- The license authorization requires an online connection for the short time of the registration (more info). An offline registration option is available for 10+ Pro/Enterprise Edition licenses on request.
- The license can be used for either Windows or Apple Mac. The Mac editions have different feature sets than shown here. The iPhone App mobile Apps for is not included and a separate purchase.
- Your contractual partner is the leading ecommerce vendor Digital River.
- German/Austrian/Swiss customers, please visit the German shop.
Can I have a discount?
Discounts are granted for volume purchases (see volume discount schedules linked in the shop section).
We do not grant discounts for individuals on request as it would be unfair to all customers paying the regular price. We rather try to meet different budgets by offering different product versions with different feature sets.
The discount coupon feature in the shopping cart is used for returning customers and for custom orders solely.
Additionally, we offer freeware versions for a selection of our products.
Thank you for your understanding.
On how many computers can I use a PhraseExpress license?
Licensing depends on the installation variation:
- Stand-alone installation: If using PhraseExpress without using a SQL/PhraseExpress server, one license can be used by one person on up to three computers on which you use the same user name. On Windows, the "user name" is the "Windows user name" (this is not the Microsoft account name). On a Mac, the "user name" is the "Apple account name" (this is not the log in name). Each person requires a separate license. The actual user name that PhraseExpress uses for licensing is shown in the " " window.
- Portable mode: If running PhraseExpress from a USB stick, the license key is bound to the USB stick, which you can use on any number of computers.
- Client-/Server: If using PhraseExpress with a SQL/PhraseExpress Server, you need a separate license for each user connection to the server. The user can be identified by his or her user name or by the combination of user name and workgroup, or by the combination of user name, workgroup and computer name.
Licenses for Windows, macOS or iOS are separate purchases.
Is the license a subscription?
No, the software is no subscription but a single purchase with a one-time payment. There is not recurring payment.
Can I use licenses on Mac and Windows at the same time?
You can use a license key for either Windows or Mac but not at the same time.
The license can be moved from Windows to Mac (or vice versa) at any time.
Are licenses valid life-time?
Yes, licenses are valid life-time for all software versions which are released during your maintenance term.
Make sure to keep a local backup of your software installation file as we do not maintain a repository of older software versions.
Only maintenance (free updates, upgrades and new versions) expire after the end of the selected maintenance term, but you can continue to use your existing installation without expiration.
Can I transfer a license to another user?
Yes, you can deregister your license key from one installation for use with another user name as often as you want.
You can also move the license from a Windows installation to a Mac installation (and vice versa).
How to renew maintenance?
What happens if maintenance expires?
You can continue to use the version, that you were able to download within your purchased maintenance term for an unlimited time. You own a life-time license. The software itself does not expire. Make sure to secure your installer file for future installations as we do not host an installer archive.
However, you may then be using an unmaintained and out-of-date software without security bug fixes and updates to maintain compatibility with operating systems.
To stay up-to-date, renew the maintenance at discount.
You can also upgrade to a higher product edition, for example from the Standard Edition to the Professional Edition.
Do you entertain a refund policy?
A money-back guarantee means, that you first have to pay, then you may find out, that the product does not meet your expectations and you would have to claim your money back.
We don't want your money first - We want your confidence first!
You can extensively try out our software free-of-charge before you need to make a purchase decision.
Our demo software which is available in the download allows you to test everything. We don't urge you to buy! Please test the software for suitability and compatibility with your individual system environment.
What happens after the end of maintenance?
Your software installation will continue to work. However, your license key no longer works for security-critical security updates and we recommend to renew the maintenance. Returning customers get discount.