- For questions, how to use the software, please browse the documentation first.
- "99%" of inquiries we receive every day are really covered in the shop/licensing FAQ or technical FAQ.
- An PhraseExpress for iOS update will fix iOS 14 incompatibility, is currently under Review by Apple and should become available soon.
How may we assist you?
Where can I retrieve my lost license key?
Our online shop is handled by the 3rd party eCommerce provider "ShareIt/DigitalRiver" who receives payment and sends the license key(s) for your online purchases.
You have received your license with the delivery email coming from "DigitalRiver/MyCommerce/ShareIt". Please browse your email inbox for any of these sender names.
If you cannot retrieve the delivery mail from your email inbox:
- Visit the ShareIt customers login
- Adjust the web page language in the upper left, if necessary.
- Click the button "My Account" and log into your ShareIt.
- You can retrieve your purchase information.
If you lost the Login information, click the "Request Login/Password" link near the user/password input boxes.
Can I use macros with the iOS App?
The Professional Edition of the iOS App supports a selection of macro functions of the desktop edition for Windows and Mac.
Macro functions are created in the PhraseExpress desktop client. You can’t create macros on the mobile device.
All phrases are lost
Don't panic! It is unlikely, that phrases are lost (unless you uninstalled the App and confirmed to delete all associated data).
If using iCloud Drive, open the Apple "Files" App and open the folder labelled "PhraseExpress".
Does the file show a cloud tag with an arrow-down icon? Then tap the file "phrases.pxi" to trigger downloading the phrase file from your cloud account to your device.
Then close and relaunch the PhraseExpress App.
Hope this helps.
Can I print a list of my shortcuts?
Yes, you can print a list of your shortcuts.
What are the system requirements for PhraseExpress?
Can I add graphics to my phrases?
Yes, PhraseExpress can store both, images and tables in phrases.
Image files can easily be dragged into the phrase content and resized with the mouse.
PhraseExpress doesn't work at all
- Check if PhraseExpress is actually running. The speech bubble program icon must be visible in the Windows system tray near the time and date info. If it is not running, click the Windows Start button » type "PhraseExpress" and press ENTER .
If you still don't see the task tray icon, Windows may hide it in a popup menu. Click the task bar triangle icon and drag the PhraseExpress icon onto the task bar for quick access:
- If the PhraseExpress tray icon is gray-colored, PhraseExpress is temporarily disabled (see chapter "Temporarily disable PhraseExpress").
- Make sure that no "security" program such "Antivirus/AntiSpyware"-software is blocking the keyboard hook of PhraseExpress. Such programs have become quite aggressive and may especially locking up browsers from receiving automated text input. Look for options called "keylogger protection" or "sandboxing".
- The PhraseExpress main program window must be minimized. Click the X button in the upper right of the program window to minimize the PhraseExpress program. If this fails, check, if any PhraseExpress dialog window is hidden under any other program window.
- If you have multiple PhraseExpress installations on different computers, try reproducing the issue on another computer. If it works on the other computer, it is very likely, that the configuration on the malfunctioning computer is the cause for the issue as PhraseExpress does not discriminate particular computers.
- To isolate incompatibility issues, close any program that may process keyboard input or the clipboard (other clipboard managers, autotext utilities or special multimedia keyboard drivers, e.g. AutoHotkey, Synergy, Microsoft Intellipoint or browser autocomplete or password filling addons/features).
- Reset the PhraseExpress configuration to system defaults to resolve any configuration mistakes.
Does PhraseExpress have a spellchecker?
Yes, PhraseExpress includes a multilingual spelling checker. Unrecognized words are underlined in red as in Microsoft Word.
Slow program start?
With Windows 10 Update to 1903, the "ActiveProtection" feature of Acronis TrueImage software seem to start blocking mouse hooks. PhraseExpress uses such mouse hook to display phrase menus at the mouse pointer position, for example.
Solution: Consider disabling "ActiveProtection" in Acronis and consider contacting Acronis for a solution. We will not be able to circumvent interferences caused by a 3rd party application.