How may we assist you?
Can I use macros with the iOS App?
The Professional Edition of the iOS App supports a selection of macro functions of the desktop edition for Windows and Mac.
Macro functions are created in the PhraseExpress desktop client. You can’t create macros on the mobile device.
Where can I retrieve my lost license key?
Our online shop is handled by the 3rd party eCommerce provider "ShareIt/DigitalRiver" who receives payment and sends the license key(s) for your online purchases.
You have received your license with the delivery email coming from "DigitalRiver/MyCommerce/ShareIt". Please browse your email inbox for any of these sender names.
If you cannot retrieve the delivery mail from your email inbox:
- Visit the ShareIt customers login
- Adjust the web page language in the upper left, if necessary.
- Click the button "My Account" and log into your ShareIt.
- You can retrieve your purchase information.
If you lost the Login information, click the "Request Login/Password" link near the user/password input boxes.
On how many computers can I use a PhraseExpress license?
Licensing depends on the installation variation:
- Stand-alone installation: If using PhraseExpress without using a SQL/PhraseExpress server, one license can be used by one person on up to three computers on which you use the same user name. On Windows, the "user name" is the "Windows user name" (this is not the Microsoft account name). On a Mac, the "user name" is the "Apple account name" (this is not the log in name). Each person requires a separate license. The actual user name that PhraseExpress uses for licensing is shown in the " " window.
- Portable mode: If running PhraseExpress from a USB stick, the license key is bound to the USB stick, which you can use on any number of computers.
- Client-/Server: If using PhraseExpress with a SQL/PhraseExpress Server, you need a separate license for each user connection to the server. The user can be identified by his or her user name or by the combination of user name and workgroup, or by the combination of user name, workgroup and computer name.
Licenses for Windows, macOS or iOS are separate purchases.
Can I use licenses on Mac and Windows at the same time?
You can use a license key for either Windows or Mac but not at the same time.
The license can be moved from Windows to Mac (or vice versa) at any time.
All phrases are lost
Don't panic! It is unlikely, that phrases are lost (unless you uninstalled the App and confirmed to delete all associated data).
If using iCloud Drive, open the Apple "Files" App and open the folder labelled "PhraseExpress".
Does the file show a cloud tag with an arrow-down icon? Then tap the file "phrases.pxi" to trigger downloading the phrase file from your cloud account to your device.
Then close and relaunch the PhraseExpress App.
Hope this helps.
Is the license a subscription?
No, the software is no subscription but a single purchase with a one-time payment. There is not recurring payment.
Can I transfer a license to another user?
Yes, you can deregister your license key from one installation for use with another user name as often as you want.
You can also move the license from a Windows installation to a Mac installation (and vice versa).
Are licenses valid life-time?
Yes, licenses are valid life-time for all software versions which are released during your maintenance term.
Make sure to keep a local backup of your software installation file as we do not maintain a repository of older software versions.
Only maintenance (free updates, upgrades and new versions) expire after the end of the selected maintenance term, but you can continue to use your existing installation without expiration.
What are the system requirements for PhraseExpress?
How to renew maintenance?
What is maintenance?
Maintenance is much more than just updates.
It includes any update, upgrade and also major new version with new features we release within the maintenance term.
- Licenses do not expire and are valid life-time.
- Licenses are no subscription and there is no recurring payment.
- If a new version should be released just a few months after your purchase, you don't need to purchase an upgrade. Instead such upgrades are free for you and included in your maintenance at no extra cost.
- If you renew maintenance, you get additional discount.
What happens if maintenance expires?
You can continue to use the version, that you were able to download within your purchased maintenance term for an unlimited time. You own a life-time license. The software itself does not expire. Make sure to secure your installer file for future installations as we do not host an installer archive.
However, you may then be using an unmaintained and out-of-date software without security bug fixes and updates to maintain compatibility with operating systems.
To stay up-to-date, renew the maintenance at discount.
You can also upgrade to a higher product edition, for example from the Standard Edition to the Professional Edition.