Phrases can be moved or copied within the folder structure and also between different phrase files/databases.
To move phrases:
- Drag and drop the phrases or phrase folders into the desired target phrase folder. If you hold down the CMD key, the elements are copied instead of moved.
- Alternatively, select the desired elements and click the Move button in the main menu and select the desired target phrase folder/file in the dialog window.
- Or use the clipboard to cut/copy selected elements to paste them into a selected target phrase folder.
Phrases can also be moved and copied across files, including access rights settings.
If phrases are moved or copied from a Windows version to the phrase file branch of a PhraseExpress Mac or iOS version, data may be trimmed according to the functionality of the edition of the target version.
Items cannot be moved or copied in following situations:
- You do not have edit permissions (or any subfolder of that folder).
- Another user is editing the element.
- The phrase file is write-protected.