PhraseExpress is installed like most regular programs on a Mac:
- Download the DMG installation file.
- Double-click the installation file and move the PhraseExpress symbol onto the Applications folder:
- If you have purchased a license, register the license key in PhraseExpress.
Important macOS settings
Due to security mechanisms implemented in macOS, PhraseExpress requires some settings on your Mac to provide its service:
- Open the ".
- Click the " " tab and unlock the padlock in the lower left.
- On the left, click section "Video tutorial):
This setting is essentially required to allow PhraseExpress detecting autotext and hotkey input. " and add PhraseExpress to the list of program (
- On the left, click section "
PhraseExpress actually never 'records' your screen but macOS uses the same permission to allow PhraseExpress switching program focus which is required to switch from PhraseExpress to the target program to insert the desired text template. " and add PhraseExpress to the list of programs:
- If you wish, that PhraseExpress macros can save files on your Mac, optionally click section "
This setting is required if you want PhraseExpress to save files on your computer. " and add PhraseExpress to the list of programs:
- The MacOS autotext feature will collide with PhraseExpress if you use the same autotext abbreviations. Do not to use the same abbreviations or consider removing any autotext definitions in .
- Apple macOS can be configured to ignore focus to radio buttons, check boxes and a few other input controls. In this case, such controls cannot be used with the keyboard but with the mouse only. To change this setting, open the und set option " " to " ". This will allow you to navigate in forms by key presses.
MacOS may require to uncheck and check above setting again for each PhraseExpress software update. IMPORTANT: If such re-confirmation of the privacy setting is required, you must exit PhraseExpress before re-applying the checkmark in macOS privacy setting as otherwise mouse clicks may not work anymore for unknown reasons. In such case, press the power button for a couple of seconds to perform a system reset. In some cases, you would need to delete the PhraseExpress entries from the list and manually add the back again using the + and - buttons.