20 years PhraseExpress - Major new version 16.1 out now!
New features in v4
Learn more about the new features of the latest Text Expander version for Mac.
The built-in document generator creates complete documents with a few mouse clicks.
- Lawyers create custom contracts in no time: Select the terms to be included, press OK and the customized contract will be saved as a Microsoft Word file on your desktop.
- Technical writers can re-use common parts of a documentation to quickly create a variation of existing user manuals.
- Medical doctors can select applicable items from the list of common procedures to create a customized surgery report.
The Clipboard Manager provides instant access to earlier contents of your clipboard.
Clipboard items you wish to keep can be moved into your permanent snippet library easily.
No More Unwanted Text Replacements!
Individual autotext shortcuts can be configured to be active in specific programs to prevent unwanted text replacements.
For example, legal phrases can be restricted to your text editor while bank account information only show up when managing your bank accounts in the web browser.
This also allows you to use the same Autotext text abbreviation to insert different text templates depending on the target program.
Search & Replace
PhraseExpress for Mac allows you to search any text in phrase descriptions, phrase contents or autotext and replace it with another text of your choice. Power users can even perform complex RegEx queries.
Import CSV files line-by-line for use as phrases in PhraseExpress.
Each line of the CSV file is converted into a phrase that can be triggered by autotext or hotkey.
Bitmaps can now be resized in phrases within PhraseExpress. Where else do you get this magic?
Additional new features in v4
- PhraseExpress now merges changes of the phrase file made by other Mac/iOS devices instead of loading the entire updated file.
- Global variables (introduced in PhraseExpress for Mac v3) are converted into regular phrases (important info).
Access to last used phrases provided in a dedicated phrase folder. This comes in handy if you need to cycle through recently usely phrases.
New features in PhraseExpress v3 for Mac
New lightweight macro syntax
You can now create macros without cryptic code.
- Slick macro tokens instead of clunky macro code.
- Better readability of your phrases.
- Macros can be moved easily with drag & drop or copy & paste.
- No programming skills required to create powerful macro functions.
Forms adapt as-you-type
Fill-in forms now dynamically display/hide input sections based on your input.
- Slick forms, that show only the fill-ins you actually need.
- Intuitive, dialog assisted data entry.
- No programming or quirky "if-then-else" formulas required.
- Drop-dead simple to create. Promised!
Forms can now include tabular input with radio buttons, checkboxes or text input.
Macro Recorder support
PhraseExpress v3 can integrate the new Windows/Mac automation software "Macro Recorder" to playback repetitive tasks.
- Automations can be triggered by hotkey or autotext.
- Macro Recorder macros can be organized in the phrase tree structure.
- Macros can be shared with other users.
PhraseExpress can now calculate the number of days, weeks, months, years or work days between two provided dates.