New features in PhraseExpress v4 beta for Mac
Learn more about the new features of the latest Text Expander version for Mac.
Compatible with MacOS "Catalina"
The latest PhraseExpress version for Mac is compatible with the latest macOS 10.15 "Catalina".
The Clipboard Manager provides instant access to earlier contents of your clipboard.
Clipboard items you wish to keep can be moved into your permanent snippet library easily.
macOS Autotext Import
MacOS system autotexts can now be imported for use with PhraseExpress with advanced feature:
- Multi-line text
- Text formatting and bitmaps
- Synchronization with Windows and iPhone/iPad
- Powerful macros
Any selection of phrases can be restricted to specific target programs. You can specify phrases, that only show up when browsing the web or define another set of snippets while working in your text editor.
Import your existing text in CSV format for use with PhraseExpress.
Access to last used phrases
Get quick access to the last used phrases provided in a dedicated phrase folder.
This comes in handy if you need to cycle through a specific phrases.
Bitmaps can now be resized in phrases within PhraseExpress. Where else do you get this magic?
Additional new features in v4
- PhraseExpress now merges only the changes of the phrase file made by other Mac/iOS devices instead of loading the entire updated file.
- Improved CSV file import.
- Find and Replace feature.
- Desktop menus
- Global variables (introduced in PhraseExpress for Mac v3) are converted into regular phrases.
New features in PhraseExpress v3 for Mac
PhraseExpress v3 supports macOS "Mojave":
- Dark Mode support.
- Brand-new user interface icon set.
- Easy access to all macro functions.
- Extended notary validation.
- MacOS "Catalina" support is in the making.
New lightweight macro syntax
You can now create macros without cryptic code.
- Slick macro tokens instead of clunky macro code.
- Better readability of your phrases.
- Macros can be moved easily with drag & drop or copy & paste.
- No programming skills required to create powerful macro functions.
Forms adapt as-you-type
Fill-in forms now dynamically display/hide input sections based on your input.
- Slick forms, that show only the fill-ins you actually need.
- Intuitive, dialog assisted data entry.
- No programming or quirky "if-then-else" formulas required.
- Drop-dead simple to create. Promised!
Forms can now include tabular input with radio buttons, checkboxes or text input.
Macro Recorder support
PhraseExpress v3 can integrate the new Windows/Mac automation software "Macro Recorder" to playback repetitive tasks.
- Automations can be triggered by hotkey or autotext.
- Macro Recorder macros can be organized in the phrase tree structure.
- Macros can be shared with other users.
PhraseExpress can now calculate the number of days, weeks, months, years or work days between two provided dates.