Let's save our first phrases in PhraseExpress. This could be your email or mail address, a email footer or some boilerplate templates.
To create a phrase:
- Type and/or highlight any frequently used text in your favorite text editor.
- Click the PhraseExpress task bar icon and select " …" (or press CMD+ALT+C).
- Enter a meaningful description for your new phrase. Skip the other options for now. We will cover those later.
- Pressing OK saves the phrase.
Done. You will never have to type that phrase again:
- Place the cursor anywhere you wish to insert the new phrase.
- Press ALT-SPACE - This is the one important hotkey you might want to memorize.
- The hotkey opens the phrase menu. Now, type any part of the description of the phrase, you just created.
- If the phrase menu narrowed down sufficiently, select the desired phrase with the UP and DOWN keys and press ENTER to insert the phrase.
Now, you probably want to grab a tea/coffee and grieve the rest of the day over how you could have lived without it.
We almost don't dare to tell, that this is just the beginning. We have not even touched the surface of what PhraseExpress can do for you.
Here are some suggestions what to do next right after installation: