20 years PhraseExpress - Major new version 16.1 out now!
PhraseExpress not only manages static boilerplate text but can also collect user input before inserting a phrase:
Forms can include multiple manual text input boxes, check box or radio button groups, drop-down menus, calendars or numeric input sliders:
The from input is processed and replaced with the place-holders in the phrase and output into the target application (or saved to a file):
PhraseExpress can process the input with powerful macro commands:
User input is optionally validated to prevent input mistakes:
Each input can be checked for several syntax formats such as email addresses, URLs, file or folder paths, text only, numbers only.
Easy Form Generation
Creating a form is easy as 1-2-3:
- Create a boilerplate tempate.
- Add form place-holders to the boilerplate.
- You're done - No programming skills needed!
When you later execute the phrase, PhraseExpress collects the form place-holders and render the form dynamically.
Smart Form Processing
Forms can be combined with other PhraseExpress macro functions to create a powerful text automation solution:
- Analyze and convert input to other custom text.
- Trigger other phrases depending on user input.
- Enumerations are automatically generated as you can see in above example ("cough, congestion and rhinorrhea"). Commas and the customizable link word "and" are properly inserted as needed.
- User input can be stored in variables for additional automation tasks.
- "If-then-else" statements can process user input and output conditional text.
- PhraseExpress can perform calculations based on numeric input.
- Form contents can be include external data (e.g. XML, XLS).
- Forms can be used in combination with the Document Generator.
Inline input forms
WYSIWYG forms can be formatted with free positioning of input controls:
Creating a WYSIWYG form is as easy as using a graphics editor.