Detailed Feature List
Features and specifications provided on our entire webpage refer to PhraseExpress for Windows unless specified otherwise. Features of the PhraseExpress version for Android, iPhone/iPad or Apple Mac vary and are specified on the respective product pages.
Overview of available features of PhraseExpress for Windows:
Phrase Organizer Functions
- Text snippets are organized in a multi-level folder hierarchy.
- The folder hierarchy can be switched between multiple level, allowing you to switch the same folder structure between multiple languages.
- Phrases can be selected from, or triggered by…
- The phrase menu offers access to snippets including their folder structure.
- Snippets can be inserted as RichText, HTML and with native Microsoft Word text formatting.
- Phrases can be restricted to specific programs and individual users, workgroups or domains.
- Phrase links feature allows users to reuse phrases in multiple phrase folders/files without adding redundancy.
- Microsoft SQL server and Citrix/TerminalServer support.
- Free Client Manager software for central user, client configuration and license management.
- Simultaneous connections to multiple servers and phrase files.
- Server status e-mail notifications.
- Local data caching on network connection interruption (if using PhraseExpress Server).
- Accumulated clients usage statistics.
- Available for Microsoft Windows, Android, iPhone/iPad and Apple Mac.
- Phrases can be synchronized between Windows and Mac/Android/iOS.
Dynamic Phrase Contents
Static phrases can be enhanced with dynamic content:
- Manual text input
- Re-usable in multiple places within a phrase.
- Syntax checked (email, URL, numbers, letters, etc.).
- String functions to reformat user input (text replacement, stripping unnecessary characters, etc.).
- Input Forms
- Custom input forms collect user input and insert the input into placeholders within the text snippet.
- Forms can include text input, checkboxes, radio button groups, drop-downs and numeric sliders.
- Input can be enumerated with custom enumerators (e.g. "Porsche, Mercedes and Volkswagen").
- Date-/time stamp
- Custom formating (e.g. "11/12/16", "Nov 12", "Monday", "23:34", "11:34pm", etc.) (Video demo).
- Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, workdays Mo-Fr or Mo-Sa, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time or any given date).
- Time can be rounded to quarter/half hours.
- Date picker with a calendar dialog window.
- Calculation of the current Calendar Week or Day of the Year.
- Windows clipboard or clipboard history contents.
- Random number generator.
- Random phrase selection.
- External data:
The autocomplete feature recognizes repetitive phrases in your normal text input and offers you to save such frequently used phrases to your phrase library:
- Auto-completion of single words or full sentences.
- Continuous optimization of the text suggestions based on user habits.
- Existing MS Word documents, or sent MS Outlook Emails can be analyzed to train the text suggestion feature.
- Autotext abbreviations can be reused for multiple phrases. In such case, a multiple choice menu allows you to select the desired phrase.
- Autotexts can be automatically expanded or offered in a popup menu for optional insertion.
- Automatic letter case adaptation of phrase optionally depending on autotext input.
- Smart detection of unwanted text replacements.
Spelling Correction features
The text replacement feature can replace typos with the correct spelling.
- Spelling corrections in different languages available free-of-charge.
- Auto-learning of personal spelling mistakes (Video demo).
- Existing AutoCorrect entries can be imported from Microsoft Word.
- Built-In multi-language spelling checker in the phrase editor.
The Clipboard Manager keeps the history of Windows clipboard contents for quick access.
- Optionally strips text formatting when inserting clipboard contents.
- Contents can be inserted with or without text formatting on a case-by-case basis.
- Clipboard entries can easily be integrated into your text snippets collection.
- Context aware features (email address, file path or URL detection/extraction).
- The Clipboard Manager can be restricted to certain programs.
- Optional password protection.
Macro functions help to automate repetitive tasks:
- Integration of the automation solution "Macro Recorder"
- Launch programs including definition of parameters and working directory.
- Loop function to repeat automation sequences.
- Branching with conditional statements ("if-then-else")
- Automatic email creation including file attachments.
- Open files or websites by hotkeys or Autotext text abbreviations.
- Macro functions can be nested and linked.
- Application focus change to any Windows program with customizable windows appearance.
- Phrases can be triggered based on the current time or date.
- Automated change of the current keyboard language scheme.
- Keystroke simulation including special keys to automate tasks.
- Advanced string operations (trim strings, count chars, extract sub-string, etc.).
- Simulation of mouse movement and mouse clicks.
- Calculation of math formulas with customizable number output format.
- Messagebox and tray notification output.
- Automated phrase generation.
- The cursor can be custom positioned within the boilerplate template after insertion.
Phrase contents can be edited with powerful editing features:
- Phrases can be sorted alphabetically, by text length or usage frequency.
- Advanced input editor for nested macro functions.
- Descriptive variable tokens for increased phrase readability.
- Syntax highlighting and clickable macro functions, even if nested in other macros.
- Recycle bin feature to restore accidentally deleted phrases.
- Edit history allows to review/restore up to 100 earlier versions of any phrase.
- Bulk font type and size change in all phrases.
- Multi-line Search & Replace feature.
- Duplicate finder.
- Bulk editing features.
- Multi-language spelling checker.
- PhraseExpress can be used on any PC with a single license.
- Automatic detection, if PhraseExpress runs from a USB memory device.
- No data is stored on the guest computer in portable mode.
- Multiple users can access and share a common phrase file.
- The synchronization feature syncs and merges changes by multiple users into the common phrase file.
- PhraseExpress keeps a history of changes with a a rolling backup of the shared phrase file including editor name.
- Phrase files stored on a network drive and license keys are cached if the network is temporily disconnected.
PhraseExpress can import data from a wide array of different formats:
- DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, CSV, TXT, RTF, PNG, JPG files
- Entire file directories including folder tree structure
- MS Word AutoCorrect/Autotext entries and Outlook emails
- Microsoft Excel and CSV import including parsing of columns and rows.
- Line-by-line import to create separate phrases for each line of text
Phrases can be exported in different formats:
- Plain text
- Rich Text formatting
- Microsoft Word format
- Email attachment with PhraseExpress phrase file
- Printable list of all phrases including autotext and hotkey definitions.
- "End-to-end" phrase file AES encryption.
- User interface can be restricted to prevent operating errors and to minimize user training.
- PhraseExpress is digitally signed to assure program integrity.