Our office is on holiday vacation from 07/16 to 8/7/2019 and we will answer your inquiry after re-opening. Thank you for your patience.
Your Bartels Media Team
How may we assist you?
Dead keys on a Mac
If the keys U, I,O, J, K, L and M are not working on a Mac, you may accidentally have enabled keyboard mouse simulation in the macOS.
Solution: Disable mouse keys.
Make Webroot and PhraseExpress work together
Webroot Secure Anywhere can prevent PhraseExpress from detecting abbreviations in browsers like Chrome or Firefox and other applications, like Microsoft Word.
This will cause PhraseExpress not to expand autotext abbreviations or to show the phrase menu.
To configure Webroot SecureAnywhere for use with with PhraseExpress:
- Open Secure Anywhere Setting, by right-clicking its tray icon and choosing "View Status".
- Click the cog wheel icon near "Identity Protection".
- Disable "the Identity Shield".
After following above steps, PhraseExpress shall detect your autotext input reliably.
License reminders despite license
You may get license reminders in following cases:
- PhraseExpress allows you to try out features of all product editions, even if you purchased a smaller edition. If using features, that are not included in your product edition (see comparison), occasional license reminders are shown. Please either upgrade to the product edition, that includes the feature or discontinue using those features. When such license reminder is shown, you can opt to disable features, that are not included in your license to avoid running into such reminders accidentally. This can also be configured in the program settings under Settings » Features.
- The software is not yet registered with a license key.
- You are using a later software version with expired maintenance. Please check the "About PhraseExpress" window to review the license status.
- If using a SQL/PhraseExpress Server: The PhraseExpress client may not have received from the server, e.g. in case of a network connection issue. Connect the PhraseExpress client to the server to obtain a license.
An imported phrase file is empty
If an imported phrase file has no contents:
- Check the phrase file size in Windows Explorer. If it shows 0 KB, it really may be empty. It either never had contents or the phrase file has been exported by user who had no read access permission.
- You may not have such read access permissions to the contents within the phrase file. Contact the user who exported the phrase file and let him add read permission to your user name.
- The contents may accidentally be deleted and reside in the recycle bin. Click the recycle bin to expand any content (if any).
Slow program start?
With Windows 10 Update to 1903, the "ActiveProtection" feature of Acronis TrueImage software blocks mouse hooks. PhraseExpress uses such mouse hooks to determine the mouse position for displaying text menus at the mouse pointer, for example.
Solution: Consider disabling "ActiveProtection" in Acronis until Acronis provides a bug fix.