PhraseExpress Beta Test
Welcome to the Labs
Take the next PhraseExpress generation for a test before the actual release and let us know your thoughts.
The COVID19 panic changed the way we work and many are now working from home, disconnected from the company network. PhraseExpress caters to the needs of the new situation and enables many features known from use with a client-/server architecture to stand-alone use without access to a SQL server.
- New main menu with high-resolution icons and extended "Dark Mode" support.
- Version conflict prevention system allows to share phrases in the clouse or with a network share without version conflicts.
- Each phrase can be individually restored to earlier edit versions.
- Phrases can be commented for team collaboration.
- Phrase libraries can be switched between different languages. This feature as known by SQL server users is now available for stand-alone users as well.
- Phrases can be sorted either alphabetically, by usage, date of last use or by length, separately configured for individual folder.
- Robust new phrase storage system for stand-alone use (local SQL database instead of a XML file).
- The new system can handle >100.000 phrases or a large number of large bitmaps.
- Many more new features and improvements.
The new storage and trigger system brings some changes:
- The new trigger system deos not allow phrases to be sorted by autotexts.
- Autotext bulk edit discontinued.
- Significantly faster phrase menu display performance by removing the execution of macro functions in the descriptions.
- Duplicate search without merging multiple autotexts for identical phrases.
- Firebird SQL Server support retired.
The current beta is not cross-platform compatible at this time. We will add macOS compatibility in one of the next updates.