PhraseExpress Beta Test
Welcome to the Labs
Take the next PhraseExpress generation for a test before the actual release and let us know your thoughts.
Best thing first: If you purchase PhraseExpress v15 today, PhraseExpress v16 will be included in your purchase!
The COVID19 panic changed the way we work and many are now working from home, disconnected from the company network. PhraseExpress caters to the needs of the new situation and enables many features known from use with a client-/server architecture to stand-alone use without access to a SQL server.
- New program main menu with high-resolution icons and extended "Dark Mode" support.
- Robust new phrase storage system that can handle >100.000 phrases and a large number of large bitmaps.
- New "peer-to-peer" sharing mechanism to prevent version conflicts and edit collisions.
- MS Azure and Amazon AWS SQL server support.
- Central usage statistics in a client-/server architecture.
- Significantly increased performance, e.g. faster loading and faster phrase menu display.
- Gender-specific phrases.
- Horizontally oriented checkboxes in forms.
- Improved paragraph numbering options, e.g. continuous enumeration in Document Generator.
- Phrases can be commented for team collaboration and individually restored to earlier edit versions.
- PhraseExpress now aggreates the phrase usage by all users of a shared file.
- Phrase libraries can be switched between different languages. This feature as known by SQL server users is now available for stand-alone users as well.
- Phrases can be sorted either alphabetically, by usage, date of last use or by length, separately configured for individual folder.
- The number form input now also accepts point numbers.
- Disabling triggers for a specific folder now also disables links into the disabled folder.
- Many more new features and improvements.
The new storage and trigger system brings some changes:
- Duplicate search without merging multiple autotexts for identical phrases.
- Firebird SQL and PhraseExpress Server support is retired and replaced with the new PhraseExpress SQL Client Manager that includes an optional ready-to-use Microsoft SQL Server (Express Edition).
The current beta is not cross-platform compatible at this time.
In PhraseExpress v16.0.110, the phrase file format had to be changed, causing newer versions to show a password protection dialog because the *.pexdb file format is not recognized anymore. In such case, please exit PhraseExpress, delete any *.pexdb file, install the update below and reimport your phrases from the PhraseExpress v15 *.pxp phrase file. We hate this inconvenience, too, and try to avoid it whenever possible, but in this rare case, a file structure update was required. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
I accept the license terms.
This is the regular client program:
If you want to run PhraseExpress from a USB thumb drive:
PhraseExpress SQL Client Manager
If you wish to use PhraseExpress in a client-/server architecture. Includes a preconfigured optional Microsoft SQL Server (Express Edition) installation.
Beta software and Release Candidates are suitable for experienced users only and provided “as is”. They are not ready for use in production environment - Use at own risk!
The beta version requires a license. The phrase file format changes during the beta test without backwards compatibility. Make sure to keep a backup of your original phrase file.
Specifications and features may be subject of change until final release.