Phrases can be inserted via the phrase menu, by entering an autotext text abbreviation, using the PhraseExpress App or SplitView.
Text formatting (bold, italics, underline) can be synchronized with PhraseExpress desktop versions but phrases are inserted without formatting (or bitmaps) on the iPhone/iPad.
- Launch the PhraseExpress App.
- Navigate to the desired phrase and tap the Share icon to copy the phrase into the clipboard.
- If the phrase contains macro functions prompting for user input, enter corresponding information.
- Switch to the target App and paste the clipboard contents.
Modern iPads can show the PhraseExpress App next to another App in "SplitView", making it easy to paste phrases:
- Open to the target App you want to insert a phrase.
- Swipe from right to the left to activate "SplitView".
- Select the PhraseExpress App as the secondary App.
- Navigate to desired phrase and tap the Share icon to copy the phrase into the clipboard.
- Paste the clipboard into the target app.
Check Apple help for more information about "SplitView".