Detailed Feature List
Here you can find an excerpt of available PhraseExpress features.
Phrase Organizer functions
- Client-/server architecture with the free PhraseExpress Server or Microsoft/Firebird SQL server support.
- The included Client Manager centrally manages users, client installations and licenses.
- Central configuration of client settings NEW
- Zero-config client/server connection.
- Read-/Write access to each phrase folder can be defined based on the user name, workgroup, user group or domain.
- User management with ActiveDirectory support.
- Simultaneous connections to multiple SQL servers.
- Version history and rollback for any phrase with realtime-preview of changes.
- Server status admin e-mail notifications.
- Roaming profiles. User data travel with the user log in.
- Local data caching on network connection interruption.
- Accumulated clients usage statistics.
- Citrix/TerminalServer support.
Popup menu features
- Extremely fast display performance, even with thousands of items.
- Phrase preview including text formatting, bitmaps and dynamic contents. NEW
- Color-tagging of phrases and folders. NEW
- Desktop menu for instant access.
Dynamic phrase contents
Static phrases can be enhanced with dynamic content:
- Manual text input
- Text input fields can be pre-filled with customizable default content. This default content itself can be another phrase or dynamic data, such as the current or past date with customizable date shift.
- Text input entered once can be re-used in multiple places within the phrase.
- Manual input can be checked against various syntax formats (email, URL, numbers, letters, etc.).
- Input Forms
- Custom input forms collect multiple user input and inserts the input into placeholders within the text snippet.
- Forms may include labels, manual text input, checkboxes, radio button groups and drop-downs.
- Date-/time stamp
- Customizable time or date output format (e.g. "10/12/14", "Nov 12", "Monday", "23:34", "11:34pm", etc.) (Video demo).
- Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, workdays Mo-Fr or Mo-Sa, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time or any given date).
- Time can be rounded to quarter/half hours.
- Date picker with a calendar dialog window.
- Calculation of the current Calendar Week or Day of the Year.
- Unlimited number of counter variables with customizable start value and incrementor/decrementor.
- Current Windows clipboard or clipboard history contents.
- Random number generator (which can also be used to trigger a random phrase).
- External data:
The text suggestion feature completes repetitive phrases and saves you from creating phrases manually:
- Optional auto-completion of single words or full sentences.
- Continuous optimization of the text suggestions based on the user habits.
- Existing MS Word documents, plain text files or sent MS Outlook Emails can be analyzed to train the text suggestion feature.
Text Replacement features
Spelling Correction features
The text replacement feature can also be used to replace typos with the correct spelling.
- Spelling corrections in 6 six languages available.
- Auto-learning of personal spelling mistakes (Video demo).
- Smart detection of unwanted spelling corrections.
- Smart spelling correction at the beginning of a word, within a word or at the word ending.
The Clipboard Manager keeps the history of previous Windows clipboard entries for quick access.
- Optionally strips text formatting when inserting clipboard contents.
- Contents can be inserted with or without text formatting on a case-by-case basis.
- Clipboard entries can easily be integrated into your text snippets collection.
- The Clipboard Manager can be restricted to certain programs.
- Optional password protection.
- Clip collections can be output in one go, separated by a custom delimiter.
Phrases can include macro functions to automate repetitive tasks:
Text snippets editing
Phrase contents can be edited with powerful editing features:
- Phrases can be sorted alphabetically, text length or usage-wise.
- Advanced input editor for nested macro functions.
- Syntax highlighting and clickable macro functions.
- Settings can be applied to multiple selected text snippets in one go.
- QuickSearch function. Results can be displayed within the phrase tree structure or in a flat list.
- Multi-line Search & Replace feature.
- Duplicate finder.
- Bulk editing features.
Support for USB devices
- Automatic detection if PhraseExpress runs from a USB memory device.
- No data is stored on the guest computer in portable mode.
Simultaneous access to a shared phrase file
- Multiple users can access and share a common phrase file.
- The synchronization feature syncs and merges changes by multiple users into the common phrase file.
- Access to phrases folders can be restricted for individual user names, workgroups or domains.
- PhraseExpress keeps a history of changes with a a rolling backup of the last 99 versions of the shared phrase file including editor name.
- Phrase files stored on a network drive and license keys are cached if the network is temporily disconnected.
External data import/embedding
- Import of MS Office AutoCorrect and Autotext entries.
- Import of CSV files and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with advanced import wizard. NEW
- Analysis of MS Word documents, plain text files and sent Outlook Emails to train the text suggestion feature.
- MS Word documents and plain text files can be read line-by-line and thus used to create separate text phrases (Video demo).
- External plain text and bitmap files can be dynamically linked into text snippets.
- External MS Word documents can be dynamically linked into text snippets.
- Data import from XML files, AutoHotkey, TextExpander and many others..
- Step-by-step wizards.
- Drag & Drop support throughout the user interface.
- Automatically user interface font size adaption to the Windows settings to improve readibility for handicapped persons.
- Quick access to the last used phrases by a customizable hotkey.
- Optional removal of critical user interface commands to prevent operating errors and to minimize user training efforts.
- No third-party components such as .NET or JAVA required.
We invested major efforts and use industry-leading mechanisms to protect your personal data:
- "End-to-end" phrase file AES encryption.
- Optional phrase file password protection.
- PhraseExpress related program and installation files are digitally signed, assuring program integrity.
- Network communication to the PhraseExpress Server is AES encrypted.