Detailed Feature List
Overview of available features of PhraseExpress for Windows.
Phrase Organizer Functions
- Microsoft/Firebird SQL server and Citrix/TerminalServer support.
- The free Client Manager manages users, client installations and licenses.
- Centralized client configuration.
- Read-/Write access to each phrase folder can be defined based on user name, workgroup, user group or domain.
- User management with ActiveDirectory support.
- Simultaneous connections to multiple servers and phrase files.
- Server status e-mail notifications.
- Local data caching on network connection interruption (if using PhraseExpress Server).
- Accumulated clients usage statistics.
Dynamic Phrase Contents
Static phrases can be enhanced with dynamic content:
- Manual text input
- Text input entered once can be re-used in multiple places within the phrase.
- Manual input can be syntax checked (email, URL, numbers, letters, etc.).
- Input Forms
- Custom input forms collect user input and insert the input into placeholders within the text snippet.
- Forms can include labels, manual text input, checkboxes, radio button groups and drop-downs.
- Date-/time stamp
- Customizable format (e.g. "10/12/14", "Nov 12", "Monday", "23:34", "11:34pm", etc.) (Video demo).
- Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, workdays Mo-Fr or Mo-Sa, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time or any given date).
- Time can be rounded to quarter/half hours.
- Date picker with a calendar dialog window.
- Calculation of the current Calendar Week or Day of the Year.
- Windows clipboard or clipboard history contents.
- Random number generator.
- Random phrase selection.
- External data:
The autocomplete feature recognizes repetitive phrases in your normal text input and offers you to save such frequently used phrases to your phrase library:
- Auto-completion of single words or full sentences.
- Continuous optimization of the text suggestions based on user habits.
- Existing MS Word documents, or sent MS Outlook Emails can be analyzed to train the text suggestion feature.
- The same Autotext abbreviation can be re-used for multiple phrases. In such case, a multiple choice menu allows you to select the desired phrase.
- Autotexts can be automatically expanded or offered in a popup menu for optional insertion.
- Smart detection of unwanted text replacements.
- Text case can optionally adapt to autotext letter case.
Spelling Correction features
The text replacement feature can also be used to replace typos with the correct spelling.
- Spelling corrections in different languages available.
- Auto-learning of personal spelling mistakes (Video demo).
- Smart spelling correction at the beginning of a word, within a word or at the word ending.
The Clipboard Manager keeps the history of previous Windows clipboard entries for quick access.
- Optionally strips text formatting when inserting clipboard contents.
- Contents can be inserted with or without text formatting on a case-by-case basis.
- Clipboard entries can easily be integrated into your text snippets collection.
- The Clipboard Manager can be restricted to certain programs.
- Optional password protection.
Macro functions helps to automate repetitive tasks:
Phrase contents can be edited with powerful editing features:
- Phrases can be sorted alphabetically, text length or usage-wise.
- Advanced input editor for nested macro functions.
- Syntax highlighting and clickable macro functions.
- Settings can be applied to multiple selected text snippets in one go.
- QuickSearch function. Results can be displayed within the phrase tree structure or in a flat list.
- Multi-line Search & Replace feature.
- Duplicate finder.
- Bulk editing features.
- Import of Mac TextExpander 4/5 text snippets and then bi-directional synchronization.
- RapidType Engine™ prevents swallowing of characters during fast text input.
- Measurement of user's actual typing speed and usage statistics.
- Automatic detection if PhraseExpress runs from a USB memory device.
- No data is stored on the guest computer in portable mode.
- Multiple users can access and share a common phrase file.
- The synchronization feature syncs and merges changes by multiple users into the common phrase file.
- Access to phrases folders can be restricted for individual user names, workgroups or domains.
- PhraseExpress keeps a history of changes with a a rolling backup of the last 99 versions of the shared phrase file including editor name.
- Phrase files stored on a network drive and license keys are cached if the network is temporily disconnected.
- Import of MS Office AutoCorrect and Autotext entries.
- Import of CSV files and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with advanced import wizard.
- Analysis of MS Word documents, plain text files and sent Outlook Emails to train the text suggestion feature.
- MS Word documents and plain text files can be read line-by-line and thus used to create separate text phrases (Video demo).
- External plain text and bitmap files can be dynamically linked into text snippets.
- External MS Word documents can be dynamically linked into text snippets.
- Data import from XML files, AutoHotkey, TextExpander and many others.
- Step-by-step wizards.
- Drag & Drop support throughout the user interface.
- Automatically user interface font size adaption to the Windows settings to improve readibility for handicapped persons.
- Quick access to the last used phrases by a customizable hotkey.
- Optional removal of critical user interface commands to prevent operating errors and to minimize user training efforts.
- No third-party components such as .NET or JAVA required.
- "End-to-end" phrase file AES encryption.
- Optional phrase file password protection.
- PhraseExpress related program and installation files are digitally signed, assuring program integrity.
- Network communication to the PhraseExpress Server is AES encrypted.