PhraseExpress is our best TextExpander alternative for macOS, Windows and iOS.
The phrase menu provides instant access to your text snippets:
Phrases can optionally be suggested as you type:
This smart menu narrows down matching items as you type and saves you from memorizing cryptic shortcuts.
Advanced Form Feature
Customize boilerplate templates with additional input:
PhraseExpress does so much more than just inserting user input into a snippet:
- Automatic gender adaption
- Enumerated check box items (including conjunction)
- Calculations based on user input
Powerful Macro Functions
Macros can accomplish powerful tasks:
- Phrases depending on date or time (e.g. seasonal greetings).
- Calculations or phrase output based on user input.
- Juice up canned responses with random variations.
- Conditional statements to analyze text input
Check out our video blog for ideas or the macro documentation to learn more.
Why choose PhraseExpress:
- No subscription - No need to register, login and logout to any account.
- No recurring charges - You own a life-time license with a single purchase. Period.
- No online dependency - PhraseExpress does not rely on a central phrase server. Everything can be organized and stored on your local devices.
- No forced use of cloud services - Your snippets are stored on your computer.
- No conflicting autotext - Abbreviations can be re-used for multiple phrases.
- No Autotext memorization - Autocomplete suggestions show up as-you-type.
- Multi-platform - PhraseExpress is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices.
- Failproof - Instantly restore earlier phrase file versions.
- Flexibility - Autotext settings can be configured separately for each individual phrase.
PhraseExpress can import TextExpander snippets - Give it a try!
'TextExpander' is a trade mark of SmileOnMyMac, LLC and is not affiliated with Bartels Media Gmbh. PhraseExpress has a different feature set than TextExpander and neither product contains all features of the other product.