PhraseExpress for Mac Feature List
Overview of available features of PhraseExpress for Mac:
Phrase Organizer Functions
- Text snippets can be organized into a customizable multi-level folder structure.
- Phrases can be selected/triggered by…
- Text snippets can be with text formatting.
Dynamic Phrase Contents
Static phrases can be enhanced with dynamic content:
- Manual text input
- String functions allow to reformat user input (text replacement, stripping unnecessary characters, etc.).
- Input Forms
- Custom input forms collect user input and insert the input into placeholders within the text snippet.
- Forms can include text input, checkboxes, radio button groups, drop-downs and numeric sliders.
- Date-/time stamp
- Custom formating (e.g. "11/12/16", "Nov 12", "Monday", "23:34", "11:34pm", etc.) (Video demo).
- Date/time math (add or subtract years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds from current date and time).
- Date picker with a calendar dialog window.
- Windows clipboard or clipboard history contents.
- Random number generator.
- Random phrase selection.
- Autotext abbreviations can be re-used for multiple phrases. In such case, a multiple choice menu allows you to select the desired phrase.
- Autotexts can be automatically expanded or offered in a popup menu for optional insertion.
Macro functions helps to automate repetitive tasks:
- Multiple users can access and share a common phrase file.
- PhraseExpress keeps a history of changes with a a rolling backup of the shared phrase file.