The PhraseExpress Server is a separate software installation and allows multiple users to share a central phrase file in a local network.
- Multiple users can use a common phrase file in a local network.
- The PhraseExpress Server controls the phrase file centrally and prevents edit and version conflicts, that can otherwise happen, if you would share a phrase file in the cloud or with a NAS.
- The Client Manager provides central client and license management.
- The client user interface can be restricted to eliminate operating errors and to minimize software training.
- No license cost for the PhraseExpress Server or Client Manager. Only the clients are licensed.
- The PhraseExpress Server creates a backup after each phrase file change. A specific version can be restored with a click of a button.
- All user licenses are managed in one place. No need to register license keys on each computer manually.
- If you need to share phrases over the internet or if you want to share phrases with a Mac or iOS client, you would need to use cloud synchronization. Phrase sharing with the PhraseExpress Server is limited to the local network.
- As a client-/server architecture, a central computer is required, that runs the central PhraseExpress Server and to host the central phrase file.
- If using the PhraseExpress Server, only one person can edit the phrase file at a time to prevent edit conflicts. If you have many editors changing the phrases, we recommend to use PhraseExpress with a SQL Server.