PhraseExpress can store phrases in multiple levels of the same phrase library structure, e.g. in different languages.
You can switch between levels by hotkey while preserving the phrase tree structure, autotext abbreviations, hotkeys and phrase related settings which stay the same when switching between levels. Only the description and the phrase contents is being switched:
The level feature requires use of a SQL database. Local phrase files or the PhraseExpress Server do not support the level feature.
Phrase file export, phrase search (and replace), moving phrases of contents of a level and other editing functions are limited to the contents of the level that is currently selected.
If you export your phrases to a phrase file, you only export the current level. To export your entired phrase database, you need to repeat phrase file export for each level separately.
Open level manager
To manage levels:
- Open the main program window.
- Select a SQL phrase database in the tree structure.
- Click the main menu button ". "
The default level is printed in bold and cannot be deleted.
Create a level
To create a new level:
- Click the Plus button in the lower left of the level manager.
- Click the new level you just created and give it a name, e.g. "Francais" for French phrases.
- Optionally, click next to the level name to define a hotkey used later to switch to that level.
Enable PhraseExpress setting " to highlight unedited phrases of a new level. "
To delete a level:
- Highlight the level in the level manager you wish to delete.
- Click the recycle bin icon in the level manager.
- Make sure that you really want to delete all phrases in the level and confirm the action.
Deleting level deletes require "master user" rights, which needs to be configured in the SQL Client Manager.
The bold-printed default level cannot be deleted.
Switch between levels
To switch to a level:
- Select the desired level in the program window main menu section "":
- Alternatively, press the hotkey you may have defined for the level in the level manager.
- Or, right-click the PhraseExpress task tray icon and select the desired level:
PhraseExpress supports the AI based translation service DeepL.com to translate an entire phrase level into other languages.