The phrase content consists of text (including macro functions) that is inserted into the target application when the phrase is called, and can be saved with or without text formatting.
Text can be stored with or without formatting, tables and bitmaps:
- Phrase without text formatting and without bitmaps.
- Phrase formatting adapts current formatting of the target document/application.
- Efficient and memory resource friendly.
- The text formatting automatically adapts to the formatting in the target application.
We strongly recommend to prefer unformatted phrases for maximum flexibility and compatibility.
- Phrases with formatted text, tables and/or bitmaps.
- Requires more space in the phrase file.
Use only, if text formatting, tables or bitmaps are required.
- Support for Microsoft Word specific text formatting, Word macro placeholders and embedded contents (such as Excel spreadsheets), etc.
- Requires more file space. Slower operation as Microsoft Word is launched in the background to insert or edit Microsoft Word formatted phrases.
- No support of PhraseExpress macro functions or functions that alter the phrase contents (e.g. duplicate search, search & replace, bulk editing features).
Requires locally installed Microsoft Word.
We recommend to avoid this formatting option unless the specific Microsoft Word formatting is essentially required.
To switch the formatting type of an existing phrase, right-click into the phrase contents box and choose the desired option from the context menu.